- This event has passed.
Council meeting 09/12/2021
9 December, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The Council is required to comply with four distinct (and in some instances contradictory) areas of law: the law relating to Council meetings; Coronavirus precautions; general Health and Safety; and employment law. The Council has made its best endeavours to comply with all relevant law and guidance in relation to the meeting. The meeting will be held in the library building and there should be places for a maximum of 14 Councillors, staff, and members of the press and public. All furniture and surfaces likely to be touched will be sanitised before the meeting and afterwards. It is not possible however for this to be carried out during the meeting.
The following precautions will also be made:-
- no-one who has any of the recognised Covid symptoms should enter or attempt to enter the building;
- everyone who enters the building is asked to use the Test & Trace QR Code in the library building (or provide their contact details which will be retained only in line with Covid regulations);
- everyone is asked to wear a suitable face covering (unless exempt) on entering the building, and wear a face coverings at all times unless exempt;
- furniture including chairs must not be moved, even if you are attending with other people in your bubble;
- everyone must sanitise their hands on entry to the building;
- everyone must observe social distancing from all others in the building;
- no printed papers will be available, copies of documents are available on the Council’s website;
- members of the press and public will not be allowed re-admittance to the building;
- once the maximum number of attendees is reached there will be no further admittance and no replacement of people leaving the meeting.
A failure to adhere to these precautions and any other directions given at the meeting may result in the suspension of the meeting and any remaining business being carried forward to a future meeting.
How best to attend the meeting
The best and safest way of seeing and hearing what happens at the meeting is to watch online from the safety and comfort of your home. To join the meeting follow this link:
If necessary, use the following – Meeting ID: 849 5620 9500 Passcode: 079415
One tap mobile
+443300885830,,84956209500#,,,,*079415# or +441314601196,,84956209500#,,,,*079415#
If you wish to join by audio telephone only (your normal call charges will apply) dial one of the following numbers: 0208 080 6592, 0330 088 5830, 0131 460 1196, 0203 481 5237, 0203 481 5240, 0203 901 7895, 0208 080 6591 and use the meeting ID and password given above.
Speaking at the meeting
If you wish to speak during the meeting you must raise your hand to alert the Chair. To raise your hand when you are following the meeting on Zoom by telephone please press *9, if the Chair invites you to speak you will need to press *6.
The Council will continue to use its best endeavours to make access to the meeting as easy as possible. All persons in attendance (physically or online) should be aware that they may be seen, heard, or recorded. The microphones non Town Councillors attending the meeting remotely will be disabled unless the Chair of the meeting invites them to speak and directs otherwise. No person may speak at the meeting unless invited to do so by the Chair.