Have you got what it takes to be a Town Councillor?
- Do you want to serve our community?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit our community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about our local area?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
If you would like to make a difference, and be involved in shaping the future of our local community, why not step forward and apply to become a Desborough Town Councillor?
The Council has a vacancy for a Councillor (Loatland Ward) and is looking for people to put themselves forward. There is a short form to fill in and send to the Town Clerk. The form is on the website here.
The closing date for the receipt of signed forms by the Town Clerk is 9 am on Monday 29 June 2020.
Meetings of the Council are usually held in the Library on the third Thursday of each month, except August when there’s no meeting and December when the meeting is a week earlier.
To qualify to be co-opted you must:-
- be a British subject over 18 years old
- be listed on the current electoral register
- live in Desborough, or within 3 miles of its boundary, or occupy as owner/tenant any land/premises therein or have a principal place of work within the Parish
- not be disqualified from holding office as a Councillor.
If you are interested, would like more information, or an application form, please contact the Town Clerk, Graham Thomson.